Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's crazier than I thought!

When I bought my small craft shop in beautiful Wanganui I thought it would be a piece of cake. And it is, well parts of it at least. I love the shop, interacting with people, working on crafts, ordering new stock and opening parcels. Christmas every day! How bad can that be? Well, it's not bad - but it's not all there is either.
What don't I like? Well, let's see. How about making sure you keep restocked and don't only order all the new stuff or just the stuff you like. Or making sure the books are up to date. Or making sure you meet you budget requirements. Boring!!!! But essential for the long term good of the company, and me too if I want to live in the style to which I have become accustomed. (Food on the table, a roof over my head! Nothing grand.)
And so I'm busy learning to juggle lots of balls at the same time. And with a new online shop and now this blog that's a lot of balls. And between juggling I make cards or create scrapbooking pages. Here's a picture of a card I made yesterday from the new DoCrafts Papermania Capsule Collection that arrived in the shop last week. I'm hoping I can add a picture. APologies if it's not there but I won't know till I've published this. Well, I am just a new blogger!) Just a pre-made card, covered with a dark stripey paper, with a flourish border type paper down one side and a flowery script paper across the bottom. Add a strip of ribbon and a tiny bow plus a sticker greeting in silver and you've got yourself a decent card. No fancy machines, just some double sided tape, a pair of scissors, oh and a sticker maker for the ribbon. Hi tech, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment