Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

What a day!!!

I don't know about where you are in the world but it's been horribly hot and humid here. Still, I braved it and got the lawn cut and some brassicas planted and then spent the rest of the day on the house with the air conditioner on (lucky, aren't I?) and crafted. I've been making a nursery decoration/ sign and here's a picture of the B for BABY. I've created the sign by using 6" by 6" canvasses and some awesome pages which have mothers and babies on them. Well, not real mothers or real babies - this one is a deer and her fawn. Others are a bird and her chicks, a hedgehog and her - what do you call hedgehog babies? Hedges? Hogs? Who knows? Not me and that's for sure.
Anyway, to get back to the canvas, I stuck the paper on using mod podge (an adhesive which doubles as a sealer) then used the other side of this gorgeous double sided paper for the letters. I used mod podge for those too. I then filed round the letters and inked the edges with an inkpad to give them a good finish before sticking them onto the canvasses with really tacky double sided tape. It's brilliant but don't get it wrong because there's no way it's letting you move it. To finish off I wrapped a pretty piece of ribbon round the edge of the canvas and voila! It's finished. Cute! Take a look in photos to see. (Note to self! Must learn how to add photos to this page!)

No comments:

Post a Comment